This beautiful “chef’s knife” is sleek and ready for kitchen duty!
Suited for all manner of slicing and dicing, this knife is finely crafted out of 3/32-inch, O-1 high carbon steel, featuring a slightly aged finish. Over time, with proper care and use, this knife will take on a working knife’s badge of honor: the patina that well-loved high carbon steel will acquire!
This elegant handle, which fits neatly into the hand, is made out of stabilized maple burl and it has subtle reddish liners. Three brass bolt sets set it off! See more pictures of this handle on the blog!
This knife measures approximately 8 3/4 inches, including a 4 5/8-inch blade. It comes with its own handmade leather slip sheath for protection (no belt loop).
This one’s sold! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting Lucas Forge online!
Here are some tips about using high carbon knives in the kitchen:
1) After using, promptly wash and dry your knife, especially when cutting acidic foods such as tomatoes.
2) Always hand-wash your knife instead of using the dishwasher.
3) Apply a couple drops of food-grade oil to your knife (blade, and handle too!) on occasion.
4) If your knife ever does miss a washing and gets a bit of rust, simply wash, dry, then oil it.
5) To help preserve a keen edge, use a sharpening rod or strop on occasion.
6) Over time, the blade will take on an ever-changing patina, which is one of the unique things about using high carbon in the kitchen!