This handcrafted kitchen knife design is very similar to the one that we’ve been thoroughly testing in the kitchen for some time. It has a fantastic blade shape for slicing and dicing a myriad of ingredients, while its lightweight style and comfortable handle make it a pleasure to use!
This chef’s knife is approximately 9 3/8 inches overall, with a 5 1/4-inch blade. The blade is O-1 high carbon steel in 3/32-inch width, making it ideal for fine work. The fancy handle is ironwood with black liners and three brass bolt sets!
Including with this amazing tool is its very own handcrafted leather slip sheath (no belt loop)!
$230, plus shipping. Thank you so much for your support and interest! Have a wonderful day! If you have questions about this knife, or about ordering your own custom kitchen knife, please contact email@example.com.
Here are some tips about using high carbon knives in the kitchen:
1) After using, promptly wash and dry your knife, especially when cutting acidic foods such as tomatoes.
2) Always hand-wash your knife instead of using the dishwasher.
3) Apply a couple drops of food-grade oil to your knife (blade, and handle too!) on occasion.
4) If your knife ever does miss a washing and gets a bit of rust, simply wash, dry, then oil it.
5) To help preserve a keen edge, use a sharpening rod or strop on occasion.
6) Over time, the blade will take on an ever-changing patina, which is one of the unique things about using high carbon in the kitchen!