When placing an order for a custom hunting knife from Lucas Forge, there are so many options available aside from the standard models. Please feel free to take a look below at some of the add-ons that are available for your custom knife. If you are interested in learning more about any of these options, feel free to get in touch with me.
Standard Handle Woods/Materials:
Here you’ll get an idea of some of the handle materials that are available. (If no added price is listed, these materials go with your knife’s base price.) You can see many of the handle materials by looking at the knives on this site. Some of the materials are linked directly to a representation piece so you can see what it looks like on a knife. (Check out the Past Work page to see a whole passel of them!)
Special Note: Please remember that there is a huge variation in these materials, especially the “curly” natural pieces, so your custom knife will have look that’s unique to it!
- Curly Maple: available with a buckskin, dark brown or chocolate stain
- Hickory or Pecan
- Fancy Curly Maple – add $20.00
- Mesquite – add $20.00
- Osage Orange – add $20.00
- Ironwood – add $40.00
The Jack Pine Special with a classic curly maple handle, standard thumb jimping and brass hardware.
- Micarta (Black, Natural, Olive Green) – add $20.00
- Laminate Woods (Blue, Walnut, Oak, Black/Grey, Cocobolo, Green) – add $15.00
- Coffeebag Shadetree Phenolic – add $20.00
- Other Shadetree Phenolic (Houndstooth, Denim, etc.) usually runs about $30.00 – $40.00 depending on the type and availability.
The ProSkinner with a coffeebag phenolic handle, copper lanyard hole liner and micarta pins.
- Paduak – add $10.00
- Redheart – add $15.00
- Rosewood – add $15.00
- Bacote – add $20.00
- African Blackwood – add $30.00
- Cocobolo – add $30.00
- Ebony – add $30.00
- All Stabilized Woods (Walnut Burl, Curly Maple, Maple Burl, Box Elder, Buckeye) – add $40.00
The Mini Jaguar camp knife with a bacote handle, standard thumb jimping and brass hardware.
- Antler – add $60; subject to availability, please contact for more information
- Ram’s Horn – add $60; subject to availability, please contact for more information.
Please note: All antler and horn is Limited Stock, please check to see what’s available before ordering. Thank you!
The Powder River with an antler handle, mosaic pins and unlined lanyard hole.
Other Custom Options:
The customize-able features of a knife are many and varied. Here are some that are available and the approximate price for adding this option to your custom knife. If you are interested in adding something special that you don’t see here, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask if it can be done!
- Design cost (designing your dream knife from a picture or concept) – $50.00
Spine Filework and Personalizing Options
- Standard thumb jimping on spine (below, top left and bottom center) – add $15.00 per inch
- X-jimping on spine (below, top center) – add $20.00 per inch
- Filework on spine is available in two different patterns – Classic (below, top right) or Vine (below, bottom left) – add $25.00
- Your initials can be stamped into the knife spine (several examples shown below) – $15 for three letters, $5 for each additional letter.
Custom Handle Options
- Pin-style rivets in the handle can be ordered in brass, nickel silver, copper, or steel.
- Fish-eye rivets (bolts – seen below at left) can be brass or steel.
- Add 3/16″ copper and nickel silver mosaic pins in handle (below, center) – $8.00 per pin
- Lanyard hole liner can be ordered in brass, nickel silver, steel, copper, or an unlined lanyard hole may be selected…additionally, some period-style knives look best without a lanyard hole, in which case you may prefer it left out of the handle.
- Cross-hatch pattern on handle (below, right) adds $35.00
Custom Steel Options
- Most of the Lucas Forge knife models come standard with a 1/8″ blade thickness, but can be customized as follows:
- The use of 5/32″ steel stock adds $30.00 to the price of a standard 1/8″ knife
- The use of 3/16″ steel stock adds $40.00 to the price of a standard 1/8″ knife
- The use of 1/4″ steel stock adds $50.00 to the price of a standard 1/8″ knife
- Blade length can be adjusted on most knives. Blades can be made shorter than the standard length for any model at no charge.
- Blades can be made longer to a degree, contact for details. The cost for longer blades starts at $15.00.
Thank you for looking! To order your custom knife today, please call (256) 431-6839 or email email@example.com. Hope you have a great day!
*All prices may be subject to adjustment – please email to check current pricing! Thank you.