The Kephart knife design is one that is steeped in history! This special, handcrafted cutting tool from Lucas Forge is a reproduction of the Colclesser brothers’ Kephart knife pattern of long ago.
- The overall length of this model is traditional: approximately 9 inches long, blade about 4 1/2 inches. The Vintage Kephart can also be ordered with a 5-inch blade.
- The knife’s signature profile is a straight top-line and a blade of 1/8-inch, O-1 high carbon tool steel… The example shown above has been customized with thumb jimping along the spine.
- The blade comes standard with a convex grind for a traditional look, but you can customize your knife with a flat grind. The example shown above has a flat grind.
- The Vintage Kephart comes standard with an aged blade finish. This can be replaced with a custom satin finish.
- Three brass pins are also standard. Mosaic pins are available as an upgrade. This model does not have a lanyard hole for a more traditional look, but you can add a lanyard hole as a custom option.
Comes in your choice of handle! The Vintage Kephart pictured above has a classic walnut handle. Traditional woods like walnut and curly maple would be great choices.
- Each knife also comes complete with its own handcrafted vertical-carry leather belt sheath. Or, upgrade to the Trekker sheath!
The Vintage Kephart model’s base price is $190.
To order your own custom Vintage Kephart, please fill out the form below. If you’re interested in something you don’t see here, please visit the Custom Options page or direct your questions to the email address below.
Important! Please note that I require a $25.00 deposit when taking a custom knife order online. By using the PayPal button below, you will be placing a custom knife order and paying the deposit. At this time the expected delivery for custom orders is 6-7 months from order date. An email will be sent to let you know your order is ready. Thank you!
Thank you for visiting the Lucas Forge website! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The knife shown above is the Vintage Kephart shown with a hammer-forged finish, curly maple handle and standard convex grind.